Carpentry - CTE Program
Carpentry Program at Rockaway Park H.S. - Career and Technical Education
Career and Technical Education programs offer you:
- Classes that teach you skills you will need to be successful in work and life after high school.
- A class in Career and Financial Management that will help you to explore careers, learn about the workplace, and prepare you to manage your own money.
- Teachers who have worked in their career areas and who hold industry certifications and professional licenses.
- Opportunities for you to earn industry-recognized certifications that can help you to prepare for internships and jobs while you are still in school.
- Work-based learning experiences like career mentoring, workplace tours, job shadowing, and internships that will help you build professional skills.
- You will learn skills such as planning for success, collaboration, problem solving, social awareness and professional attitude.
A high school diploma with Career and Technical Education endorsement is granted to students enrolled in NY State-approved programs of study who complete the following requirements:
- 44 credits including the CTE career electives
- Pass 5 Regents
- Pass a 3-part technical assessment (this may be an industry recognized credential)
- Work based learning experiences in career awareness, exploration, and career development
- Work skills profile
CTE courses part of our Carpentry Program at Rockaway Park H.S. include:
- Carpentry I
- Carpentry II
- Career and Financial Management